Saturday, June 18, 2011

Melancholy

Because it always goes along the lines of this.

I end up alone in the summer heat when it's quiet outside, and the only things I can hear are the wind and curls of music from the radio, still working somehow in the sweltering weather. 

Sometimes, I feel like turning around to talk to you, words skidding, slipping, before I can hold them back, searching, and I realize that you aren't there. None of you. And, yes, you guys are a phone call, an email, away.

But that's. too. freaking. far.

Maybe that's a bit weird. Because it's three months, only three months. You're gonna be there again, when we're all a year older and wiser and  ready to take on the world again, or at least school, but that's even worse, isn't it.

But, for now, this is what I do.

I hang onto Facebook posts, emails, treating each one like something, something more than just little bits and pieces thrown out at attemps of building bridges through the swirls of sun, and the wisps of fireworks late at night, the sweet of watermelon and the sour of barbeque smoke, smell of chlorine and the bright of far, exotic places that I hope you had fun in, but it's back in school, around that crazy lunch table of ours that I'd like you to be at.

Yeah, so. Miss y'all, but I hope you're having a great summer. :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You really have a true talent for writing, like no joke. It's easy to tell you're passionate about your writing and you have such a wonderful way with words that everything you write just turns out...perfect! :) All of this is so real and genuine. I especially love the part about the lunch table! :) haha alot of crazy yet very memorable moments have happened there! I will never forget our awesome 7th grade year and look forward to the many memories ahead! :) I miss y'all soo much! Keep up the fantastic work Luna and Scorpio! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Luna....you just put all the GT kids to shame!! This by far has been THE BEST POST. EVER.
    *sigh* I miss it all too, in a weird dysfunctional way, but I still am not prepared for next year's horro- I mean...fun??
    Keep up the awesome blogging!!
    Your crazy, not as good of a writer, "business partner",

    *Scorpio

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    heartfelt statements....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    if you will excuse my initial instinctive reflex^^
    luna, y dont u just find time to hang out with some of us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.....I miss you guys sooo much. We should meet up. Now you made me cry. NICE GOING!! Luna, you are the most talented writer I've ever met. When you become an author, will you sign my books (that you wrote) for free? BTW who is Malugirl101?

    ReplyDelete
  5. FINALLY FRAKING FIGURED IT OUT. THANK YOU.

    That's Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss our lunch table. It was my favorite place in the school. Hey, Luna, remember that time you dumped your chips into my pasta? And then you sneezed in my pasta? And then you knocked it over? And then........ah, good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha :P LUNA THAT WAS. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete