Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Is What Happens When I'm Bored

Hey Everyone!
Sorry for no new posts by me, I simply couldn't figure out how to post any pictures!! So I skipped my last post and went straight to this one. :) But I did figure out how to post pictures today, so I'm happy. :D

Today started out as just another ho-hum Thursday. Since I'm out of school, and not to mention bored out of my mind, I try to do things to keep my mind preoccupied for most of the time. But as you all must have figured out, it doesn't take an Einstein to, I'm into cooking just as much as Luna is to Literature.

So I started off the day by somehow dragging my butt out of bed, and to the breakfast table. There I proceeded to eat something, but had no spark of hunger for anything, and I don't just mean food. So I dragged my butt back up my stairs and to my room to go vegetate like every other normal human on vacation.
Also, for some odd reason, my mind kept wandering to one thing. The holy savior of all female kind;
Chocolate.
But then, yes then, I had a epiphany.
The gears in my mind went to work on the billions of things, recipes, foods, etc. which had any ties to chocolate. And then "IT" was born.

The notion hit me like the bullet Watson shot at Jeff Hope did.

I was going to make Mini Chocolate Molten Cupcakes.

That was that.
I set to work digging through all my mother's old recipe books, magazines, recipes she had written, and mish-mashed into one great, fool proof recipe. So I took the basics and added to, as well as took off, some steps and ingredients.
With perseverance and curiosity on my side I began the process. I measured, then sifted, then mixed, then cracked eggs, then poured, then popped them into a well heated oven to see what the result would end up as.

After what appeared to be the longest eight minutes of my life, I finally took them out.
They were......perfect.
I was ecstatic!
But I had to try one just to be sure, because looks can deceive. So with my breath held I took my first bite.
They were amazing!!
Soft and moist on the outside and melty and chocolaty on the inside.

So today essentially was a good day despite the negative beginning it took. :)

The recipe will be available for those of you curious to try it out for yourselves.
Here are some pictures for your visual enjoyment;





*Scorpio

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. Those look ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS?!?! Dang girl..never knew you could cook that well. They look soo professional!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thnx, malugirl101. Maybe if you come over I'll share. :P

    ReplyDelete